Even Arizona natives may be surprised by some of these fun facts about our state.
Here are 10 interesting tidbits you should know about Arizona—and 10 cool experiences you should definitely explore.
1. There are 22 national parks and monuments in Arizona.
2. There are more than 100 wineries and 22 varietals of wine produced in Arizona.
3. Arizona is home to 75+ licensed craft breweries (and growing).
4. Arizona chefs and restaurants have received more than 50 James Beard nominations since 2010
5. Arizona's Sonoran Desert is the only place on earth where the iconic saguaro cactus grows.
6. Arizona has 35 state parks and natural areas preserving the state's natural, cultural and recreational resources.
7. The Arizona Trail is 800 miles long and is dedicated to hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding and cross-country skiing.
8. Two of the top-rated waterfalls in the United States are located in Arizona: Grand Falls and Havasu Falls.
9. The Grand Canyon National Park is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, and the only one located within the United States.
10. According to Travel + Leisure, three of the 10 world's best destination spas are in Arizona (two in Tucson and one in Sedona).
Enjoy Arizona and all it has to offer! For more ideas and information, request a copy of our Visitor's Guide.
These articles are brought to you by the staff of the Arizona Office of Tourism, and occasionally local tourism organizations around the state.
Request Your Copy
From the abundance of Saguaro cactuses and unique wildlife in the Sonoran Desert to the high country and forests of the White Mountains to the breathtaking Grand Canyon, Arizona’s regions are full of experiences that don’t disappoint.