Virtual Reality Allows Viewers To Speed Down Sedona Slickrock, Skydive Over Grand Canyon
Feb 15, 2017
Live and Local Event in Scottsdale, Arizona
Share:Print This Page
Arizona Restaurant Week Celebrates 10 Years
A Decade of Delicious Kicks off This Spring
The Arizona Restaurant Association's Arizona Restaurant Week (ARW) is celebrating a decade of delicious this year with its 10th annual ARW this Fall. What began as a yearly week-long celebration has now grown into a bi-annual 10-day foodie extravaganza. The 2017 Spring Arizona Restaurant Week will kick off ten days of dining, May 19-28 with over 150 participating restaurants showcasing three-course, prix-fixe meals for just $33 or $44 per person.
In addition to Spring ARW, the Arizona Restaurant Association will host Arizona Breakfast Weekend from July 27-30 and Fall ARW will be held Sep. 15-24.
To celebrate a decade of delicious in Arizona, diners will have a chance to win big during Fall ARW – more details to come!
Here are ten fun facts about ten years of Arizona Restaurant Week:
1. In 2008 Arizona Restaurant Week started with 93 participating restaurants in the Fall.
2. In 2011, Arizona Restaurant Week expanded to Spring AND Fall.
3. Arizona is rapidly growing as one the top foodie destinations in the country.
4. It is estimated that over 3 million people have dined out during the past ten years for Arizona Restaurant Week.
5. The official website, www. ArizonaRestaurantWeek.com gets over 1 million unique visits in the weeks leading up to a restaurant week.
6. In 2017, over 10% of employment in the state is provided by restaurant and foodservice jobs – Arizona leads the nation in job growth potential for this sector.
7. Nearly 400 different restaurants have participated in ARW over the past ten years.
8. The average restaurant sees about a 20% increase in sales during Arizona Restaurant Week.
9. On average, about 60% of participating restaurants opt for a $33 menu while about 40% choose to serve the $44 option.
10. Ten restaurants that have participated in every single year of Arizona Restaurant Week since 2008 are: Avanti, Cowboy Ciao, Deseo at the Westin Kierland, Don & Charlies, Firebirds, LON’s at the Hermosa Inn, Roka Akor, Roaring Fork, The Capital Grille (Scottsdale) and The Melting Pot (Scottsdale).
Arizona Restaurant Association president and CEO Steve Chucri said, “Arizona Restaurant Week has remained a strong culinary driver to many local chefs and restaurant owners as well as a treasured memory maker for diners. It’s hard to go wrong, and we are delighted to be celebrating ten years of making folks happy.”
The White Chocolate Grill, Roy’s Chandler, District American Kitchen & Wine Bar, Sonata’s Restaurant, Ajo Al’s Mexican Café (4 locations), Salty Sow and Firebirds (3 locations) make up just a small sampling of participating restaurants around the Valley—many more will be added.
Those anticipating the arrival of Spring ARW can check out updates at www.ArizonaRestaurantWeek. com, where participating restaurants and their menus will be continually added.
About Arizona Restaurant Week: The most edible time of the year, Arizona Restaurant Week, is making its returnFriday, May 19 through Sunday, May 28, sending diners on a ten-day tasting tour of the state. Participating restaurants are not only known for their exceptional cuisine, they also spare no expense to give diners an extraordinary culinary experience. One of Arizona Restaurant Week’s goals is to position Arizona as one of the top culinary destinations in the nation by increasing awareness of the more than 8,500 dining opportunities available as well as stimulate business and revenue for restaurants throughout the state. Arizona Restaurant Week is produced by the Arizona Restaurant Association.
Heritage and Science Park
Scottsdale , Arizona
Tucson Botanical Gardens