Virtual Reality Allows Viewers To Speed Down Sedona Slickrock, Skydive Over Grand Canyon
Feb 15, 2017
c) 2015 Lizann Michaud
Share:Print This Page
OCTOBER 21, 2017 EVENT SCHEDULE
▪ 7-8:45am PACKET PICKUP near the Cochise County Superior Courthouse stairs. Registrants must pick up own packet in person. Be an early bird, and arrive by 7am for easy parking and short lines. Breakfast available across from Starting Line/Iron Man Statue at the High Desert Market & Café from 7am. Bloody Marys, etc., served at Screaming Banshee Pizza.
▪ 7-11am Shop the Bisbee 1000 Souvenir Store on the Superior Courthouse steps!
▪ 8:50-9am CALL TO CORRALS Must be in numbered corrals by 8:55am.
▪ 9am BISBEE 1000 EVENT START Staggered Wave Starts (1 min.). The event is chip timed. Results based on your personal net time, not on gun time! (i.e. when you cross the electronic sensor mat). First wave released with gun start at 9am.
▪ 11am AWARDS CEREMONY on Superior Courthouse steps. Overall and Age Group awards. Special Awards in many diverse categories, such as Costume Awards, Youngest and Oldest, from furthest away, etc. There will be giveaways, entertainment and prizes! Must be present to win.
24th Annual Bisbee 1000 Ironman Ice Competition REGISTER TODAY!
▪ 10:30am-Noon REGISTRATION For both Ironman Ice Competition divisions.
▪ 11am-1pm IRONMAN ICE COMPETITION START Open to all. Competitors carry a 10 lb. ice block with old-fashioned tongs up 155 stairs, across a trail, then down a steep road to the finish line. Regular Division and Fire & Ice Full Gear Public Safety Division. Firefighters compete in full turnout gear!
▪ END AWARDS CEREMONY at conclusion of event.
6th Annual Bisbee 1000 Craft Beer Festival Tickets at the gate!
▪ 1pm VIP ADMISSION $45 for limited number of VIP tickets available at the Old Bisbee Brewing Company and at Bisbee Vogue, Inc. (located across the street from the Ironman Statue). Limited VIP tickets will also be sold at the gate. Rub shoulders with the Brewers. Food by Outback Steakhouse. VIP tickets go on sale October 1st.
▪ 2-6pm GENERAL ADMISSION $25 general gate admission. $20 admission for Bisbee 1000 participants with bib numbers and verification. $10 for designated drivers (no alcohol consumption).
Medallions with full color ribbons to all finishers! Collectible tech T's available for purchase during registration (pick up in person day-of-event). Extras available for purchase at event while supplies last.
Know-Before-You-Go Tips and Rules for Bisbee 1000 The Great Stair Climb, October 21, 2017!
No dogs, no smoking, no strollers
Map us before you come or GPS yourself this way! Start is in front of the Superior Court building, by the Iron Man statue, and our headquarters at 201 Tombstone Cyn., Bisbee, AZ.
Come early, park early! Arrive Saturday between 6:15am and 7am for plenty of parking along streets and in the lots behind the Superior Courthouse, accessed by Curve Street (Maps at Bisbee1000.org).
Coming from the North, exit West Blvd (first exit after tunnel). Plenty of parking in both directions. Walk 1/2-mile downhill to start.
Do not block roads or driveways.
Pick up Racing Bibs/Numbers and T-shirts between 7-8:45am by Superior Court. Must have Race Bibs/Numbers to Participate. NOTE: We'll send out a "Get Your Bib Numbers" newsletter when we've got your numbers, first third of October.
Bib Numbers are nontransferable and each must be worn by the registrant to whom it has been assigned.
WATER WATER WATER Pre-Race Water at fountain in front of the Courthouse. Three (3) water stops along race course, plus water at finish line. Please bring your own additional water.
Please use proper trash or recycling receptacles to discard trash, bottles, etc.
Porta Potties will be located in raised fenced area behind banners near start line.
11am Awards Ceremony: MUST BE PRESENT to collect hand-painted one-of-a-kind award. If you are participating in the Ironman Ice Competition or are otherwise unavailable, please send a representative to collect your award (awards will not be mailed).
KEEP RIGHT ON THE STAIRWAYS, PASS OTHERS ON THE LEFT, and go with the flow (up stairs and down streets).
Go to Bisbee1000.org and scroll down for parking/venue/course maps
No participant substitutions or refunds.
Event will be held rain or shine.
If you cannot attend, or event is cancelled due to extraordinary conditions, 100 percent of your fee becomes a tax deductible donation.
In case of rain, please avoid slick surfaces, especially manhole covers.
The course is steep with parts on uneven stairs and roads.
After 11am staff leaves the course; and the course opens to traffic, so if still enjoying the course, please stay on the sidewalk and stay alert.
Urgent questions/issues/concerns, call Cynthia Conroy 520-266-0401.
Have a great time, with great community!
Bisbee 1000 Host Hotels for 2017 and Beyond
Special Rates for Bisbee 1000 Participants
Bisbee's lodging fills fast for the third weekend in October. So Bisbee Vogue, Inc. is proud to announce our Host Hotels' special rates for Bisbee 1000 participants Friday, October 20th & Saturday, October 21st while rooms last. Each is conveniently located in Sierra Vista, only ~a half-hour from the Bisbee 1000 start/finish area.
Check out our 2017 Host Hotels' special rates HERE (this link goes to our recent Host Hotel e-Blast)! And, while you're exploring Europeanesque Bisbee throughout the year, try staying at our non-profit lodging: Bisbee Ironman Suite
Thanks to our Awesome Sponsors!
Cherry Creek Media, Pepsi Cola, Freeport McMoRan, Bisbee Daily Review, Safeway, Sierra Toyota, Southwest Gas, Michelob Ultra, KOLD, Guild Mortgage, Cochise College, American Ice, Pioneer Title Agency, Ace Hardware and Bisbee Coffee Company!
(c) 2015 Andrew Nelson
Freestone District Park
Litchfield Park, AZ
Wigwam Golf Club
Gilbert Civic Center
Tucson Convention Center
Usery Mountain Recreation Area