The Quartzsite Museum is located within the Tysons Well Stage Station, built in the late 1880s, and operated by the Quartzsite Historial Society.
The Quartzsite Museum, also known as the Tysons Well Stage Station Museum, provides an introduction to pioneer and mining history of Quartzsite including mining equipment and the Assay Office from the Margarita Mine. Larger mining equipment is displayed in outside exhibits.
The original adobe stage station, built in 1866 by Charley Tyson, "was an important way station on the California-Arizona line because of excellent water and grass for the horses. Miners and freighters, hauling mining equipment and military supplies from the river port at Ehrenberg, to the Territorial Capital at Prescott, also stopped here." (credit: Quartzsite Times)