TroonFIT Running on the Links Series 4
Behzod Abduraimov, piano
FREE Coupon Book with Hundreds of Savings
Keep Cool While Exploring Arizona Mills
Autumn Fun Offer - 15% OFF Grand Canyon with Sedona and Navajo Reservation Tour
15% OFF - Grand Canyon with Sedona and Navajo Reservation One-Day Van Tour. Departs Daily, from hotels and resorts in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe and Mesa. Approximately 7:00 am to 8:30 pm.
26th Annual Taste of Greece Food & Dance Festival
through October 27, 2013
St. Haralambos Greek Orthodox Church
26TH ANNUAL TASTE OF GREECE -FOOD AND DANCE FESTIVAL – October 25-27
Step out of the desert and into Greece! Come enjoy authentic homemade Mediterranean cuisine, foot-stomping Greek music live by SYNTHESI, cultural gift items, children’s games and activities for all at the 26th annual
St. Haralambos Greek Orthodox Church Festival in Peoria. Our community will ensure you get a taste of what it’s like to eat and dance like a Greek at its annual Taste of Greece Food and Dance Festival to be held during the weekend of October 25 through October 27, 2013.
“Celebrate like a Greek”
• Eat original souvlaki, moussaka, pastitsio, gyros, calamari, roasted lamb, salads, cheeses, bread and more, which will be served along with domestic and imported beer, wine and soft drinks.
• Sip American and Greek coffee served with traditional holiday desserts such as loukoumades (honey-dipped doughnut holes), baklava and old-world cookies and sweets
• Shop in our “agora” (marketplace), for imported Greek food products, beautiful jewelry, art and other unique gift items. Purchase souvenir worry beads, blue-eye beads, Greek music CD’s, tee shirts and fashionable accessories such as pashmina shawls and comfortable gauze outfits that are perfect for our warm climate.
• Encourage our youngsters as they enthusiastically leap and dance the traditional Hellenic folk dances dressed in old-world costumes representing various regions in Greece.
• Learn to dance traditional Greek dances and win a competition.
• Participate in children’s activities and carnival games.
• Compete in the loukoumades eating contest; see who can stuff their face with as many of these delectable desserts in the shortest amount of time.
• Tours of our Church and book store are scheduled throughout the weekend for those interested in learning about Orthodox Christianity.
Friday, 10/25, 5-10pm;
Saturday, 10/26, 11am-10pm;
Sunday, 10/27, 12-8pm.
Admission: adults, $3; children under 12 are free, as well as students and active military with proper ID. Credit cards and debit cards will be accepted. Food and drink sold separately.
Directions: St. Haralambos Church is located at 7950 W. Pinnacle Peak Road – just east of 83rd Avenue in Peoria. FREE parking. For more information, call 623-486-8665 or visit www.peoriagreekfest.com. Visit us on Facebook: Peoria Taste of Greece.
For More InformationPrint this Event