Photo Lesson Guided Hiking in the Phoenix area
Bring your camera. Learn how to take million dollar picture$. Trail guide Don, also a professional photographer, will take you through the steps to those great photos you've always dreamed of taking.
Small Group Daytrips and Excursions in Arizona
Custom day trips and multi-day tours tailored to suit your sight-seeing desires. Whether your interests be in history, dining, shopping, or scenery... we will design the tour based on you.
Press Trips Policy
The Arizona Office of Tourism would like to assist you in your editorial, photographic and/or broadcast needs and has prepared these guidelines as a reference for planning a media tour in Arizona.
Prescheduled group tours are offered by the tourism office; however, if a group tour is not sufficient due to timing or areas of interest, the office will assist in creating an individual tour for your needs. Film crews should follow the same guidelines.
How to Schedule a Press Trip
- Please contact the Arizona Office of Tourism in writing at least four weeks prior to arrival:
1110 W. Washington Street, Suite 155Phoenix, AZ 85007Phone: (602) 364-3700Fax: (602) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include assignment and copies of your most recently published articles, photographs or produced tapes. Assignment should include demographics, circulation and scheduled date of publication or broadcast.
- Be specific with your request. Please be prepared with dates of arrival and departure and, if possible, alternate dates. Indicate if you need accommodations, admission to attractions and/or an itinerary. We also need to know whether your travel budget includes costs for any or all of the services that are arranged by our office.
- Indicate if your article will include mention of suppliers' services or if it is a destination-only piece.
- Finally, please send copies of articles or broadcast tapes as a result of your visit for our file. We will forward a copy to those who assisted you and are featured in your article or broadcast.
Peak Seasons and Permits
Arizona is a popular destination and because of its diversity, it enjoys a "high" season year-round in one or another part of the state. The Office of Tourism is unable to request complimentary accommodations during peak seasons; however, we can request a travel industry rate for you.
Peak season in the southern half of the state is December through April; in the northern part of Arizona it is May through October.
Permits are required for filming or photo taking in many national parks, national forests, Indian reservations, highways, state parks and trust lands. Allow four to six weeks for permits to be issued. Inquiries regarding filming within Arizona may be forwarded to our office.
We appreciate your interest in experiencing Arizona and sharing its diversity, history and culture with the traveling public. We will do our best to accommodate your needs within the Office of Tourism guidelines and appreciate your cooperation!
For Additional InformationThe Media Relations DivisionArizona Office of Tourism1110 W. Washington Street, Suite 155Phoenix, AZ 85007Phone: (602) 364-3700Fax: (602) email@example.com