TroonFIT Running on the Links Series 4
Music in the Garden Fall Concert Series
Esteban Dinner & Concert Package
World Renown Flamenco Guitarist "Esteban" performs his Sedona Concert in a unique Supper Club Scene. Ticket start at $79 including a 3 course Meal in the Sound Bites Grill Celebrity Show Lounge
Enjoy breakfast for two at the Kayenta Monument Valley Inn!
Start your day off right with breakfast for two from just $199/night
Tourism Industry Leaders Honored at Governors Conference on Tourism
July 12, 2007
Awards were presented in the following categories: Innovative Promotions, Cooperative Marketing, Special Events (Rural and Urban) and Arizona Preservation. AOT also honored individual achievements in the categories of Tourism Champion of the Year, Tourism Hall of Fame, Spirit of Service and Lifetime Achievement. Seventy-five nominations were submitted for the nine award categories. Winners were selected on general evaluation of qualifications such as exceptional efforts, innovation, uniqueness and measurable results. The judging committee was comprised of a selection of tourism industry representatives from around the state and AOT staff.
Winners are listed below:
- Innovative Promotions Alliance for Audience
- Cooperative Marketing Southeastern Arizona Birding Trail
- Arizona Preservation Digging In: Bisbee's Mineral Heritage Exhibition
- Special Events Rural Border to Border Air Show
- Special Events Urban Tie Arizona State Parks 50th Anniversary Celebration AND Fiesta Bowl Festival of College Football
- Spirit of Service Khalik Hussein, Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
- Tourism Champion of the Year Bruce Lange, The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
- Tourism Hall of Fame Win Holden, Arizona Highways
- Lifetime Achievement Award Marshall Trimble, Arizonas Official State Historian
It is always such an honor and privilege to recognize these organizations and individuals that have gone above and beyond for the betterment of Arizona, Emmermann said. These winners are true tourism industry leaders that have advanced the Arizona travel business forward through their dedicated efforts.
The complete list of past winners is posted at www.azot.gov.
Created as an executive agency in 1975, the Arizona Office of Tourism is charged with enhancing the state economy and the quality of life for all Arizonans by expanding travel activity and increasing related revenues through tourism promotion and development. AOT works to serve the Grand Canyon States travel industry and related businesses, the traveling public, and the taxpayers of Arizona.