6th Annual Carefree Cave Creek Balloon Festival
41st Annual Rodders Day
25th Annual Zuni Festival of Arts and Culture
Escape to History and Culture Two Night Package
Enjoy a two night stay in a beautiful king mini=suite, admission for two to three of Arizona most popular museums, a $50 gift card to El Gato Azul, one of Prescott's favorite local restaurants.
Rent ENTIRE Quaint 10 Room Inn in Pinetop: GREAT for Groups of up to 34 People...just $800/night!!
Rent all 10 rooms at Mountain Haven Inn (14 beds, 10 bathrooms and four kitchens)for $800 per night (25% discount).
Tourism Industry Honor Industry Leaders at 2011 Governor’s Conference on Tourism
July 18, 2011
Arizona tourism professionals recognized and honored industry leaders today at the 2011 Governor’s Conference on Tourism. Arizona Office of Tourism (AOT) Director Sherry Henry, along with AOT Deputy Director Mark Stanton, presented the awards during the Governor’s Awards Luncheon at the Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort. More than 500 tourism industry members from both the private and public sector were in attendance.
The conference, held July 14 – 15, is sponsored by AOT, the Arizona Tourism Alliance, the Arizona Hotel & Lodging Association and the Arizona Restaurant Association.
Nominations for the awards were submitted for nine award categories. Winners were selected on general evaluation of qualifications such as exceptional efforts, innovation, uniqueness and measurable results. The judging committee was comprised of a selection of tourism industry representatives from around the state and AOT staff.
Awards were presented in the following categories: Innovative Promotions, Cooperative Marketing, Special Events (Rural and Urban) Arizona Preservation and Green Tourism. AOT also honored individual achievements in the categories of Spirit of Service, Tourism Champion of the Year and Tourism Hall of Fame.
Winners are listed below:
- Innovative Promotions – Kingman Powerhouse Visitor Center and Chamber of Commerce
- Cooperative Marketing – Historic Route 66 Association of Arizona
- Arizona Preservation – McDowell Sonoran Conservancy
- Green Tourism – Arizona Hotel & Lodging Association
- Special Events – Rural – The Superstition Harley-Davidson Lost Dutchman State Park Observation Run
- Special Events – Urban – The 2011 Yuma Lettuce Days
- Spirit of Service – Individual – Celia Cohen, The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
- Tourism Champion of the Year – U.S. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords
- Tourism Hall of Fame – Debbie Johnson, President & CEO, Arizona Hotel Lodging Association
The complete list of past winners is posted at www.azot.gov.
About the Arizona Office of Tourism
Created as an executive agency in 1975, the Arizona Office of Tourism is charged with enhancing the state economy and the quality of life for all Arizonans by expanding travel activity and increasing related revenues through tourism promotion and development. AOT works to serve the Grand Canyon State’s travel industry and related businesses, the traveling public, and the taxpayers of Arizona.