Westgate Bike Night
Bassmaster Elite Series Fishing Tournament
Old Blind Dogs
Sunny Spring Fling Getaway
Book your Sunny Spring Fling Getaway Today with rates starting at $169!
Delicious Dollar Deals
Visit our Food Pavilion and try these great dollar deals!
through March 10, 2013
Anthem Community Park
Public invited to celebrate
14th annual Anthem Days 2013 event – Mar. 9-10
On Saturday and Sunday, Mar. 9-10, the Anthem Community Council (ACC) hosts the 14th annual Anthem Days event. This free, family-friendly event celebrates the spirit of Anthem, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the ACC Community Park, 41730 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway, in Anthem. The event is open to the public. Admission and parking are free.
This year’s event activities include:
• Business Expo: Featured Anthem Days signature highlight will showcase the Valley’s business community and its products and services available.
• Craft Vendors: Craft vendors will highlight their talents and specialties through handmade goods and wares.
• Eggstravaganza Egg Hunt: Children will hunt for treat-filled eggs on Sunday, Mar. 10, at softball fields 1 and 4, starting at 11a.m. Event features the musical talents of the Hippity Hop Band and a guest appearance by Mother Nature and Peter Cottontail. For a schedule of egg hunt times and age groups: www.OnlineAtAnthem.com/special-events-anthem-days.
• Frazier Shows Carnival: Offers a host of rides and attractions including the popular “Vertigo” ride, a Ferris Wheel, fun house, and a carousel. Rides and games vary in price. Check www.OnlineAtAnthem.com/special-events-anthem-days for the promo “all you can ride” bracelet schedule.
o Thursday, Mar. 7, 5 – 9 p.m.
o Friday, Mar. 8, 5 – 10 p.m.
o Saturday, Mar. 9, 1 – 10 p.m.
o Sunday, Mar. 10, 1 – 7 p.m.
• Food Court/Rotary Beer Garden: Food, beer, and margaritas will be available for purchase.
• Kids’ Zone: Children of all ages will enjoy a variety of inflatable attractions. The Daisy Mountain Railroad will also offer train rides. Prices for activities vary.
• LIVE Musical Entertainment: Bands will perform live on the gazebo on Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Featured artists include Bourbon Street (Saturday), and Chad Freeman and Redline (Sunday).
• OSR Physical Therapy’s Basketball Skills Challenge: Basketball skills will be tested during the H.O.R.S.E. Tournament, Free-Throw Contest, Three-Point Shoot-Out and the Half-Court Shot Challenge. For more information: OSR Physical Therapy, 623-551-9706.
• 9-1-1 Hands-on Simulator: Anthem Neighborhood Watch will demonstrate how the 9-1-1 system works on Saturday, Mar. 9, from 10am - 2pm. Free SAFE-Kids goodie bags will be handed out while supplies last.
New this year:
• Participants can try out their fishing skills with the AZ Game and Fish Department who will offer free use of fishing gear and tackle at the Community Park ponds (no fishing license required).
• Culinary skills will be tested during the Salsa Contest. Valley-wide residents are invited to submit their own pre-made salsa creations for judging on Saturday, Mar. 9 at 1 p.m. There’s no fee to enter, but winners walk away with great prizes. Entry forms are due by Mar. 2 and are available at www.OnlineAtAnthem.com/special-events-anthem-days.
• Enter to win a Polaroid Z340 3x4 Instant Digital Camera by participating in the Business Incentive Card Program. This is Anthem’s premier event that showcases the local community and what it has to offer.
For more information about the event, or how to become an event sponsor or volunteer: Michele DeMichele, ACC Special Events Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Stephanie Ditner, ACC Special Events Assistant, email@example.com. Volunteer positions are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Anthem Days is sponsored by ValleyCrest Landscape Maintenance.
For more information: www.OnlineAtAnthem.com/special-events-anthem-days.
For More InformationPrint this Event
Anthem, AZ 85086