The Boy Who Love Monsters and The Girl Who Loved Peas
Phoenix Suns vs. Memphis Grizzlies
Wendy Whelan: Restless Creature
Photo Tour of the Arizona Desert and Missions One Day Tour
Join us for this instructive Photo Tour of the Southern Arizona Desert and Spanish Missions one-day tour. We'll be joined by International Master Photographer and Guide, Stephen Gittins.
Tucson, Tombstone & Sonora Desert Museum 2-Day Van Tour
Visit Tucson,the DeGrazia Studios, San Xavier Mission, Sonora Desert Mustum, Tubac Artisan District, Tumacacori National Historical Park, Tombstone, and Boot Hill. Price: $688.00 double occupancy
Did You Know?
What makes Arizona unique? It's hard to even know where to begin! Here are a few of our favorite "fun facts" about the Grand Canyon State:
- It would take more than 4.8 million pennies to equal the amount of copper used on the roof of the Arizona Capitol building.
- Arizona has the largest percentage of land designated as Native American Tribal land in the United States.
- The Hopi village of Oraibi is the oldest Native American settlement in the United States. The village was built 1100 and was discovered in 1540 by Pedro de Tovar, a lieutenant of Coronado.
- Interstate 10 stretches 390 miles across Arizona.
- Discovery Park's Gov Aker Observatory houses the world's largest known Camera Obscura.
- More hummingbird species can be found in Sierra Vista, located in the southern portion of the state, than in any other state – earning its title as "the Hummingbird Capital of the United States."
- South Mountain Preserve is the largest municipal park in the country.
- Prescott, Arizona is home to the World's Oldest Rodeo, which dates back to 1888.
- The only place in the United States where mail is still delivered by mule is in Havasupai, located at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
- The world's largest antique, London Bridge, is located in Lake Havasu City. This is the only object or place in the United States that has World War II damage to it. (It was damaged in London prior to moving to Lake Havasu.)